Friday, January 23, 2009

So help me God

There must be a better way to deal with the frustration of raising my grandkids. So, help me, God.

I have read enough about Asberger's Syndrome to be book smart, but the application of effective coping eludes me.
I have always held very strong opinions as to child rearing. Anytime I ever saw a kid sass or hit their parents, I would cringe and think, "Why doesn't that parent make their child mind?"
My kids knew better. They also knew when to say please and thank you. Usually all it took was one stern look from Mom and they knew they better behave and if they didn't behave I had no reservations about spanking their bottoms. I absolutely believed that misbehaved or bratty kids were the total fault of parents being too lenient.
Then God sent TM to me to raise.
Totally changed my perspective on parenting.
Now I have no clue how to reach this child and am completely frustrated daily.
So, I am blogging.

Like I said under his pic, it really is a good thing God made him so cute.

1 comment:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

i used to pray and pray and the answer that came is just love them just love them and relax